We review submissions on a rolling basis. Submissions submitted in the second half of the year will be considered for publication in mid-late 2022 or later.
Children's Picture Books
Please submit the complete manuscript.
Please attach artwork, if there is any.
The length should be no longer than 60 pages.
We also request a query letter that includes the following information:
- The target market/ideal audience that the book is intended and why you believe it will be appreciated by that group.
- A list of 2-3 comparable titles. Include a link to their sales page
- A snapshot of your author platform – any social media accounts (links) and numbers of followers and your website, along with how many people are on your email list. (Not having a following does not eliminate you from consideration, but gives us a better idea of what we’re starting with.)
- A description of your marketing plan or ideas for marketing your book.
- A sample of the illustrations, if you have them, or information about the illustrator you are using. This is not a guarantee that we will elect to keep that illustrator, but usually, this is not a problem. If you don’t have an illustrator, that is fine.
- Please submit the story in a Word or text document.
No original samples of artwork, copies or scans only.
Please scan your artwork at 600 dpi, and submit at 75 dpi.
We are committed to bringing viable projects into the marketplace. If we determine that your manuscript is ready for publication, we will email you a KBP publication agreement and you will opt into the Kat Biggie Press publishing package. If you have not yet connected with an editor, we will coordinate that element with you and provide you contact information from our database of trusted editors.
For Illustrators ONLY:
If you are interested in joining our team of illustrator for Purple Butterfly Press:
Please provide samples (if you work in a number of styles, we appreciate seeing samples of each style) in an Internet ready format, such as JPEG, PNG, or PDF.
We will keep your query and samples on file for a year and will contact you if we have a project suitable for your talents.
We will need to know the following:
Date created, medium used, prices at which you'll work, the length of time in which you can accomplish a project.